Monday, October 10, 2011

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Today I received several little gifts. I received a lovely box of chocolate bites from my friend. I received a hug from my son. I received a helpful chat in which I learned so much. Everything added to my happiness.

All of these gifts were from people who, at one time or another, I have fought and struggled with, and I was so grateful.

People will always think of reasons to harm. But whenever we give or receive something good, we are taking the opportunity to escape the past, drop the heavy bag of reaction, and act freely. Good things happen when we become unconditional.

“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.” Rosaleen Dickson

“Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens.” Wayne Dyer